Sunday, October 15, 2006

you can be my family and i can hold you tight through the night...

I had a dream this morning, because by the time I got back to sleep it was early this morning. It was a great dream though. I lived in the same building as Brian. I was two floors up from him. And we were friends, like hang out and making jokes. It was a great time. We were in the city so there was constant noise but I loved it. I was happy.
He would randomly climb this fire escape that led from his apartment to mine (it was very Breakfast at Tiffanys) and he would break into my apartment. I would be gone, and when I'd return I would be out in the hallway trying to figure out what the noises in my apartment was from and when I'd go in there'd be no one there, but my music would be playing or the TV would be on. That happened three times before I caught him. But it all just turned into a big joke between us.
We were somehow on the same internet and he saw the 50-some songs by him on my iTunes. All he could do was ask me why. So, I expained. I said that music is almost like a drug to me, especially his. Its just so beautiful and I love it so much. I can't get enough of it so I go out in search of it, trying to get my fix, if you would. He understood my sentiments but still couldn't wrap his head around why it was his music, such modesty.
We then just started talking about everything- careers, music, family, love, life. He told me about things he was working on, even gave me some things I don't have yet. But the thing is through all of this we were friends, or at least becoming very good friends. It was great. I felt this connection that I've never felt with anyone in my life ever before. I know it was just a dream- but it was pretty great and very real.

Now to just find that kind of connection with someone in real life, outside of my dreams...

off to see Bus Stop again.... sigh.

No comments: