Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"i miss the way summertime used to feel"

i think i know why this summer dissapointed me so much. it was the official change. my friends and i have drifted ... not completely but enough that we dont need to se eeach other all the time. we've gotten used to going months without face to face contact os its really not necessary for us to feel close anymore. all we need is a quick stop by the facebook or myspace and we're good for the time being. it makes me sad. i miss us and the way we used to crave hang out time. a trip to the diner was always welcome. this usmmer started that way but it seems that as time has gone on things have changed. we had our fill.. now we're getting back to that distant place where we dont need each other as much so when we go back to school we won't go into shock- not seeing our friends anymore. but maybe this is just me because i've been trapped in the shell that is aida this summer. it wrapped me up and held me tight through a week ago. then i was away for a week. now i'm back in burlington and people ar eleaving for school already. i missed out...
but honestly i was on my addiction (postsecret- one of my addictions) and i saw a card. it said "i miss the way summertime used to feel." i want to write one to this person with only two words on it.
"me too." because i miss everything about summers in the past. this summer i've been lacking in friend time and its sorely missed. even though i had a job with more flexible hours and easier schedule i still feel like it took over my life- at least for the first half of the season. i just miss the way things were in the summers between junior year and senior year and college. its not that things were simple- because life never is. but everything just felt easier. and not that i'm lazy but right now every thing just seems like such a challenge. like not only do i have to try so hard to see my friends from home theres also the friends from school to try and see. i have failed miserably at both, opting instead to spend majority of my time this summer with a group of people who are so strange- but i love anyway, as you must love theater people. but still... as much as i needed to expierence what i did this usmmer- i would trade it to spend more time with my friends in a heartbeat. i miss us.

2 comments:

Pam said...

its funny cuz i thought all those same things...

particularly when i read that same postcard on sunday


funny how after everything we still all think like friends

Felicia said...

funny cuz i miss our friends...or least the way we used to be too

we shoudl so bring back soph and junior year. i heart my caity-poo <3