Saturday, January 02, 2010

new year, new something.

Welcome to 2010.
It's crazy. I still remember when it was the mid-90s and that does not feel that long ago.

NYE party at 1414 was insanity. Fun, but crazy.
Work tonight was good. I only worked for about 5 hours and walked away with
$150. That NEVER happens.

And now, to start the year off right. Lyrics to a new song I just wrong about 10 minutes ago!

First (the smell of her hair?)


Wrapped in blankets, huddling
Under what I couldn’t call love
An eventful night connecting
below and above

But what this is has been here for a while before
And if we keep on going now can we return to what we were once more
I’m afraid that we can’t

Because she was here first
She’ll always be ahead of me
She was here first
And soon there’ll be nothing left of me
I’ll give you all I can but still it won’t compare
Cause she was here first
And you still long for
The smell of her hair

We act like this is normal.
Nothing here is is strange.
We talk like nothings different
But I can feel the change

What mistake did we just make
How can I live through this
A whole world can shift
Due to one tiny (not so tiny) kiss.

Whatever we once were we are not anymore
And now we can’t turn back to being what we were before once more

But still she was here first
She’ll always be ahead of me
She was here first
And soon there’ll be nothing left of me
I’ll give you all I am but nothing can compare
Cause she was your first love
And you still long for her
You still pray for her
I know you're waiting for her
And the smell of her hair.
The smell of her hair.
The smell of her
Hair...

No comments: