Thursday, March 08, 2007

its officially official

i got a letter and everything.
next semester i won't be at fdu.
I will be a freshman transfer at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia.
Its surreal. I know its going to happen. I got the letter, the big envelope, even a scholarship -but its like I can't believe it.
Its the school I have wanted to go to since I was in 6th or 7th grade when I first heard about it. Maybe my plans have changed a bit, and the major has definitly changed in time, but still. Its the place.
And its the program I have really wanted- Theater. I might now be acting, but instead I'll be writing. I wanted to be a writer before I knew how to do anything else. And now I'll be focusing on playwriting. Its like life comes full circle.
I've told some people here that its completely official.
But not Rob. I don't know what to say, or how to.
I don't want him to think less of me cause I really respect him.
But I leave for Spring Break tomorrow so I guess that will give me time to figure it out- unless I see him and spill the beans, but I don't think he's really here on campus Fridays.
I just can't.. I still can't believe it.
I really am having a situation wrapping my head around the fact that I am getting what I want- what I've almost always wanted.
Its a feeling I'm really not used to at all...

Going home tomorrow is so welcome- I just want to see this letter, make it real to me.
Plus see a few people, do some shopping, maybe a little partying, and just have some fun and not worry about what work I have to do or what I have rehearsal for.

No comments: